Food microbiology is the study of microorganisms that inhibit, create or contaminate food. Out of them major importance is the study of microorganisms causing food spoilage and human diseases. Agricultural microbiology is a branch of microbiology dealing with plant associated microbes, pathogens, plants, & animal diseases. It also deals with the microbiology of soil fertility and other area.
Why to go for food testing ?
Now a days, Food safety is a major focus for food industry due to regulatory requirements. Pathogenic bacteria, viruses & toxins produced by microorganisms are all possible contaminants of food. Food borne pathogens are leading cause of illness and death in less developed countries, killing approx 1.8 million people annually. In developed countries, food borne pathogens are responsible for millions of causes of infections diseases each year. To get complete microbial solution related to food, food products and agricultural products too.
Who gets it?
People who are most seriously affected by food poisoning includes infants, the elderly, and those with
conditions that weaken the immune system. People who frequently travel to different places are at
a higher risk for getting food poisoning because of poor sanitation and contaminated water.
- To validate procedure I protocol of manufacturing.
- To certify your processed food.
- To export processed food
- For various certiﬁcation. e.g. HACCP, OSHA, ISO 9001, ISO 22000 etc.
- To stop the losses due to food products.
- Complaint of guest etc.
- To increase the shelflife.
- Industries like processed [semi processed food manufacturers (Ready to eat food, spices, cereals, Flours & atta, rice etc…)
- Hotels (Prepated dishes, desserts, Processed food, pre cook food, raw materials like vegetables, spices, meat, fish, crab,lobstars etc…)
- Frozen food manufacturers, canned food manufacturers.
- Raw food (Food still to be processed, to check bacterial load in order to get better quality items to start with).
- Finished products (To check the presence of pathogens in the product).
- Food suppliment manufacturers (Guar, gum, xanthan gum, glycin etc…)
Value Added Services
- Sample collection facility
- Total technical support
- In addition to wide range of tests offered; Biocare offers following services :
- Sterile sample containers, cooler boxes, coolant I ice bricks, swabs & air plates ( for environmental monitoring.)
- Technically qualified consultants can visit clients outside to discuss I interpret microbiological test results, demonstrate sampling techniques, assist with problem solving, provide hands-on advice & develop tailor made sampling I testing plans ( To satisfy your Hygiene l GMP I HACCP I lS0 needs ).