Medical microbiology is the adaptation of microbiological techniques to the study of the etiological agents of infectious disease. Medical microbiology is both a branch of medicine and microbiology which deals with the study of microorganisms including bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites which are of medical importance and are capable of causing infectious diseases in human beings. This branch of microbiology is amongst the most widely studied and followed branches due to its great importance to medicine. Medical microbiologists determine the nature of infectious disease and test the ability of various antibiotics to inhibit or kill the isolated microorganisms
Divisions of Medical Microbiology
- Medical Bacteriology: Medical Bacteriology is the study of pathogenic bacteria. This subdivision of microbiology involves the isolation of pathogen from various clinical specimens and their identification, classification, and susceptibility testing.
- Mycobacteriology: Mycobacterium is a genus of Actinobacteria, given its own family, the Mycobacteriaceae. The genus includes pathogens known to cause serious diseases in animals, including tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis) and leprosy (Mycobacterium leprae).
- Medical Virology: Virology consists of isolating andlor characterizing one or several viruses responsible for some human pathologies by various direct or indirect techniques (cellular Cultures, serologies, biochemistry, molecular biology).
- Medical Mycology: The study of pathogenic fungi is referred to as medical mycology.
- Medical parasitology: It is the subject which deals with the parasites that infect man, the diseases caused by them, clinical picture and the response generated by man against them.
What is diagnostic test???
A diagnostic test is any kind of medical test performed to aid in the diagnosis or detection of disease. For example:
- To diagnose diseases, and preferably sub-classify it regarding, for example, severity and treatability
- To confirm that a person is free from disease
Importance of Diagnostic test:
Medical tests can have value when results are abnormal by explaining to a patient the cause of their symptoms. In addition, normal test results can have value by reassuring patients that serious illness is not present and even reduce the rates of subsequent symptoms. All types of culture tests are done at our institute.
Value Added Services
- Sample collection facility
- Total technical support
- In addition to wide range of tests offered; Biocare offers following services :
- Sterile sample containers, cooler boxes, coolant lice bricks, swabs & air plates ( for environmental monitoring.)
- Technically qualified consultants can visit clients outside to discuss I interpret microbiological test results, demonstrate sampling techniques, assist with problem solving, provide hands-on advice & develop tailor made sampling I testing plans ( To satisfy your Hygiene I GMP I HABCP I ISO needs ).